Re: Support retrieving value from any sequence

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Support retrieving value from any sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14 July 2015 at 16:02, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 10:52 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
The use-case I have in mind is for finding out how close to the 32-bit integer limit sequences have reached.  At the moment, this isn't possible without creating a custom function to go fetch the last_value from the specified sequence.

​Why wouldn't you just query the catalog?​  I was under the impression last said values were extra-transactional so that table should reflect the global state.

What am I missing here?

Where in the catalog do you mean?

Thom