Re: BUG #13498: make check failures

От Pete Lancashire
Тема Re: BUG #13498: make check failures
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I dont at this time have GCC installed. The goal was to be able to take
advantage of optimization that understood the actual hardware

by setting -qarch=pwr7 -qtune=pwr7 the xlc compiler starting at -O3 up to
-O5 make optimization decisions that are unique to the hardware, in this
case the p7 architecture,

O4 and O5 then take it quite a but more, O5 can take what compiles in a a
few second to more then 10 minutes.

It is pretty rare that -O3 used with -strict will break anything, actually
this is the first time I've seen it happen.