Re: Patch: regschema OID type

От David Christensen
Тема Re: Patch: regschema OID type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 21, 2010, at 11:56 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> David Christensen <david@endpoint.com> writes:
>> Enclosed is a patch adding a 'regschema' OID type.
>
> What in the world is the point of that?  The regfoo types are for
> things
> that have schema-qualified names.

Perhaps the naming is a bit disingenuous, and I'm not tied to it; I
like the ability to translate between oid <-> name that regclass,
regproc, etc. provide.  This simplifies query lookups and manual
examination of the system tables and for me at least fills a need.

Do you have a better type name?

Regards,

David
--