Re: Read performance on Large Table

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Read performance on Large Table
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On May 21, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Kido Kouassi <jjkido@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2: Create an index on the Timestamp column sin it is the one we use the most in queries.

Absolutely. Go ahead right now.

Note that you can use the CONCURRENTLY option to create index, and it will not require a lock on the table, so you can
doit while the db is being used. It takes longer, sometimes a lot longer, than the regular create, but who cares? Start
itand leave it.

After you’ve done that and seen how much benefit you get just from indexing your most-commonly used column, post a
rangeof common queries back here for further advice.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

Сообщение: Re: Read performance on Large Table
Сообщение: Re: Read performance on Large Table