Re: Which table(s) in the catalog define the tables and views?

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Which table(s) in the catalog define the tables and views?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 26, 2006, at 15:17 , Chris Velevitch wrote:

> I'm want to write a query to list definitions of all the fields in my
> tables and which table it belongs to. And similarly for views and
> tables.
>
> This is so I can check for table and column name consistency, extra
> tables and column type consistency.

It's not a query, but will pg_dump -s do what you want?[1] Else you
can take a look at the INFORMATION_SCHEMA[2] or the system catalogs[3].

[1](http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-pgdump.html)
[2](http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/information-
schema.html)
[3](http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/catalogs.html)