pg_restore fails to restore sequence of specific table

От Mariel Cherkassky
Тема pg_restore fails to restore sequence of specific table
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey,
I have a backup of an entire db(9.2.5) that was taken with the next command :
pg_dump -U postgres -Fc my_db > mydb.dump

Now, I'm trying to restore a specific table (with its sequence) but I'm getting the following error error:
pg_restore -d mydb -U postgres -v -t specific_table mydb.dump
output :
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
Password:
pg_restore: creating TABLE specific_table
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 241; 1259 4236973 TABLE specific_table postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "specific_table_id_seq" does not exist   Command was: CREATE TABLE specific_table(   id integer DEFAULT nextval('specific_id_seq'::regclass) NOT NULL,   effectiveid integer DEFAULT ...
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "public.specific_table" does not exist   Command was: ALTER TABLE public.specific_table OWNER TO postgres;

It doesn't even try to restore the sequence and thats why the table`s creation fails. I checked if the sequence is included in the dump and indeed it is included :
[root@mymachines]# pg_restore --list mydb.dump | grep specific_table
240; 1259 4236971 SEQUENCE public  specific_table _id_seq postgres
3524; 0 0 ACL public  specific_table_id_seq postgres
241; 1259 4236973 TABLE public  specific_table   postgres
3525; 0 0 ACL public  specific_table   postgres
3436; 0 4236973 TABLE DATA public specific_table postgres
3565; 0 0 SEQUENCE SET public specific_table_id_seq postgres
3231; 2606 4237762 CONSTRAINT public specific_table_pkey postgres

I tried to generate a plain text from the dump :
pg_restore -U postgres -t specific mydb.dump > output
However, the output file doesnt contain the creation command of the sequence.

Someone can explain the weird behavior ?

Сообщение: RE: Table Drop Error