pg_restore takes more time on creation of rules

От Mariel Cherkassky
Тема pg_restore takes more time on creation of rules
Дата
Re: pg_restore takes more time on creation of rules
Список pgsql-performance
Hey,
I'm trying to restore a cluster (9.2) from 3 binary dumps (pg_dump -Fc).
Each dump contains only one database.
The sizes :
A-10GB
B-20GB
C-5GB.

For unclear reason the restore of the third database is taking alot of time. It isnt stuck but it continues creating db rules. This database has more then 400K rules.

I changed a few postgresql.conf parameters :
shared_buffers = 2GB
effective_cache_size = 65GB
checkpoint_segments =20
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
maintenance_work_mem = 10GB
checkpoint_timeout=30min
work_mem=64MB
autovacuum = off
full_page_writes=off
wal_buffers=50MB

my machine has 31 cpu and 130GB of ram.

Any idea why the restore of the two dbs takes about 15 minutes while the third db which is the smallest takes more than 1 hour ?
I restore the dump with pg_restore with 5 jobs (-j).

I know that it is an old version, just trying to help..