Commitfest 2018-11

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Commitfest 2018-11
Дата
Re: Commitfest 2018-11  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Commitfest 2018-11 is closed. Thanks everyone who participated by posting
patches, reviewing them, occasionally committing them, commenting on ideas or
just raising one eyebrow in surprise while reading the hackers mailing list.

I've turned off my spam machine and wanted to share some results:

* Obligatory graph with the numbers of committed, moved, returned and rejected
  CF patches over the time you can find in [cf_items_status.png]

* It was a bit frustrating to see a significant number of stale items, where an
  author was not interested in it anymore (and sometimes both author and
  assigned reviewer). Just out of curiosity I quickly looked at the following
  statistics - in the set of all the CF patches authors (I was considering an
  author as a person, who send a first email in thread), how many commitfests
  happened between the first and the last submitted patch (it could be the same
  patch going through several commitfests). The histogramm of the distribution
  for this value you can find in [cf_authors_span.png] - as you can
see the majority
  of authors submitted only once. Of course this statistics may not be exactly
  correct, since there are other ways of contributing patches besides just
  registering in the application, and there could be a lot of reasons for this
  kind of trend. But at the end of the day it looks like the scenario, when a
  person managed to overcome "entrance" complexity, read the code, sometimes
  understand and modify it to achieve a goal - and then stopped. I hope it's
  not a sign that the community is loosing potential contributors.

* I also noticed, that a lot of people add themselves as reviewers without
  actually doing any review. I started to think that probably it's some sort of
  "bookmarking", so probably it would be a good feature request for CF
  application - to allow mark some items as "interesting" for you.

Вложения