Equivalent plpgsql trigger in C

От Javier Reyes
Тема Equivalent plpgsql trigger in C
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi.

I've a PostgreSQL 9.0 server and I'm using heritage on some tables, for this reason I have to simulate foreign keys through triggers like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION othertable_before_update_trigger()
RETURNS trigger AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
  sql   VARCHAR
;
  rows  SMALLINT
;
BEGIN
  IF
(NEW.parenttable_id IS DISTINCT FROM OLD.parenttable_id) THEN
    sql
:= 'SELECT id '

|| 'FROM parentTable '

|| 'WHERE id = ' || NEW.parenttable_id || ';';

BEGIN
        EXECUTE sql
;
        GET DIAGNOSTICS rows
= ROW_COUNT;

     EXCEPTION
        WHEN OTHERS THEN
           RAISE EXCEPTION
'Error when I try find in parentTable the id %. SQL: %. ERROR: %',
                            NEW
.parenttable_id,sql,SQLERRM;

END;

     IF rows
= 0 THEN
        RAISE EXCEPTION
'Not found a row in parentTable with id %. SQL: %.',NEW.parenttable_id,sql;

END IF;

END IF;
  RETURN NEW
;
END;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE plpgsql
;

But due to performance I try to create a equivalent trigger in C code:

#include "postgres.h"
#include "executor/spi.h"       /* this is what you need to work with SPI */
#include "commands/trigger.h"   /* ... and triggers */

#ifdef PG_MODULE_MAGIC
PG_MODULE_MAGIC
;
#endif
extern Datum othertable_before_update_trigger(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);

PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1
(othertable_before_update_trigger);

Datum
 othertable_before_update_trigger
(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS) {

TriggerData *trigdata = (TriggerData *) fcinfo->context;

TupleDesc   tupdesc;

HeapTuple   rettuple;

bool        isnull;

int         ret, i;

/* make sure it's called as a trigger at all */

if (!CALLED_AS_TRIGGER(fcinfo))
     elog
(ERROR, "othertable_before_update_trigger: not called by trigger manager");

/* tuple to return to executor */

if (TRIGGER_FIRED_BY_UPDATE(trigdata->tg_event))
     rettuple
= trigdata->tg_newtuple;

else
     rettuple
= trigdata->tg_trigtuple;

   tupdesc
= trigdata->tg_relation->rd_att;

/* connect to SPI manager */

if ((ret = SPI_connect()) < 0)
     elog
(ERROR, "othertable_before_update_trigger (fired %s): SPI_connect returned %d", "before", ret);

[A]

[B]

return PointerGetDatum(rettuple);

}

I need fill the code in:
  1. [A]: get the previous and new values for parenttable_id. With:

    int32 att = DatumGetInt32(heap_getattr(rettuple, 1, tupdesc, &isnull));

    or

    int32 att = DatumGetInt32(SPI_getbinval(rettuple, tupdesc, 1, &isnull));

I can get only the old value of parenttable_id but not the new value. Even if I try to use the column name instead of their number with:

GetAttributeByName (rettuple->t_data, "parenttable_id", &isnull);

Getting error: record type has not been registered

  1. [B]: execute the query SELECT id FROM parentTable WHERE id = NEW.parenttable_id

I found the function SPI_execute_with_args, but I haven't found examples of this for my case.

Thanks in advance.