Re: Can't figure out how to use now() in default for tsrange column (PG 9.2)

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема Re: Can't figure out how to use now() in default for tsrange column (PG 9.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:

> Yup. The 'infinity' value doesn't play well with all database access APIs
> and languages, though.

It doesn't even play well with PostgreSQL's extract(). I reported it
some times ago but as of 9.1.4 it has not been fixed.

=# select extract(epoch from 'infinity'::timestamp);
 date_part
         0

This makes 'infinity' a problematic choice in any application
requiring a mapping between dates and reals, such as when using
intervals in gist indexes.

-- Daniele

Сообщение: Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?
Сообщение: Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?