Dropping Python 2.4 support

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема Dropping Python 2.4 support
Дата
Список psycopg
Hello,

Matthew Woodcraft and me have worked on exposing PQresultErrorField on
the Error object, allowing to get detailed information from a server
error. This includes the new diagnostics fields to be released in
PostgreSQL 9.3.

Ticket: http://psycopg.lighthouseapp.com/projects/62710-psycopg/tickets/149
Docs:
  http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/module.html#psycopg2.Error.diag
  http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/extensions.html#psycopg2.extensions.Diagnostics

The feature needs the PQresult stored into Error, making it a
StandardError subclass with a customized C structure. Unfortunately
this breaks Python 2.4, where the exceptions were old style classes.

Working around the issue seems a messy matter of #ifdefs scattered all
around the code: I think it would be better to just pull the plug on
Python 2.4 for psycopg release 2.5. If there was a 2.4.7 release (it
could be: there is a couple of bug fixed and, sigh, another Zope
problem) it would still be compatible with Python 2.4.

Issues? Objections? Let me know.

Cheers,

-- Daniele

В списке psycopg по дате отправления: