Re: HTML/PDF Build Errors

От Sarah Conway Schnurr
Тема Re: HTML/PDF Build Errors
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Actually, I'm so sorry - tab-complete selected the wrong mailing list. My apologies for taking up your time.

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 7:13 PM Sarah Conway Schnurr <xenophenes42@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 7:07 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Sarah Conway Schnurr <xenophenes42@gmail.com> writes:
> Came across a couple of errors when building HTML and PDF files with the
> Makefile.

Which PG version?  (I assume 9.6 or older, because v10 and up don't use
TeX-based toolchain)

Er, well, I have PostgreSQL version 10.5 installed, but I'm not quite sure how this relates to building the documentation for pgAdmin4 version 3.2.

The Makefile commands being questioned are...

docs:
        LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 $(MAKE) -C docs/en_US -f Makefile.sphinx html

docs-pdf:
        LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 $(MAKE) -C docs/en_US -f Makefile.sphinx latexpdf

...which seem to only make use of pdflatex and sphinx-build, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

> Deleting it (obviously not the ideal solution) resolves the error and
> allows the files to be built as expected.

I"m confused about what you deleted, exactly?

The file that's throwing the error - tablespace_dialog.rst.

> Are these actual bugs or am I missing some kind of dependency?

I'm guessing a dependency issue, but I don't know what it is exactly.
My experience with building these docs on Red Hat-based systems is
that if you install the "authoring and publishing" package set you're
good.  I never tried to narrow down exactly what you need from that.

I have all of these installed already (and more) trying to figure it out, unfortunately.

--
Sarah Conway Schnurr

--
Sarah Conway Schnurr