Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 5:31 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 5:16 PM James Sewell <james.sewell@jirotech.com> wrote:
> >> Here's a starter patch that shows one of the approaches discussed.  It
> >> gets WSL users to a better place than they were before, by suppressing
> >> further warnings after the first one.
> >
> > This wasn't quite right, updated to check erro for ENOSYS (not rc)
> >
> > This compiles and stops the panic on WSL (with a single warning).
> >
> > I haven't tested if a version compiled on Linux will behave the same way - but based on the error messages in the
toppost it looks like the behavior is the same.

> Great.  Thanks for testing, and for the fix!  Well that all sounds
> like good news: it corrects the behaviour from 11.2, and also improves
> on the previous behaviour which I'd have accepted as a bug if anyone
> had reported it.  So the next problem is that we don't have a
> consensus on whether this is the right approach, so I don't feel like
> I can commit it yet.  Does any want to make another concrete proposal?

Ok, here's the version I'm planning to push soon if there are no objections.
Re-adding Bruce to the thread, as I just noticed the CC list got
pruned at some point in this thread.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com