Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2
Дата
Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2  (Hendrickx Pablo <Pablo.Hendrickx@exitas.be>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 5:16 PM James Sewell <james.sewell@jirotech.com> wrote:
>> Here's a starter patch that shows one of the approaches discussed.  It
>> gets WSL users to a better place than they were before, by suppressing
>> further warnings after the first one.
>
> This wasn't quite right, updated to check erro for ENOSYS (not rc)
>
> This compiles and stops the panic on WSL (with a single warning).
>
> I haven't tested if a version compiled on Linux will behave the same way - but based on the error messages in the top
postit looks like the behavior is the same.

Great.  Thanks for testing, and for the fix!  Well that all sounds
like good news: it corrects the behaviour from 11.2, and also improves
on the previous behaviour which I'd have accepted as a bug if anyone
had reported it.  So the next problem is that we don't have a
consensus on whether this is the right approach, so I don't feel like
I can commit it yet.  Does any want to make another concrete proposal?

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com

От: James Sewell
Сообщение: Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: PG Upgrade with hardlinks, when to start/stop master and replicas