Re: Commitfest 2020-11 is closed

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Commitfest 2020-11 is closed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:02 PM Josef Šimánek <josef.simanek@gmail.com> wrote:
> st 2. 12. 2020 v 23:36 odesílatel Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> napsal:
> > On 12/2/20 5:13 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > > I'm experimenting with Github's built in CI.  All other ideas welcome.
> >
> > I'd look very closely at gitlab.
>
> I was about to respond before with the same idea. Feel free to ping
> regarding another CI. Also there is possibility to move to GitHub
> Actions (free open source CI). I got some experience with that as
> well.

I spent today getting something working on Github just to try it out,
and started a new thread[1] about that.  I've not tried Gitlab and
have no opinion about that; if someone has a working patch similar to
that, I'd definitely be interested to take a look.  I've looked at
some others.  For what cfbot is doing (namely: concentrating the work
of hundreds into one "account" via hundreds of branches), the spin-up
times and concurrency limits are a bit of a problem on many of them.
FWIW I think they're all wonderful for offering this service to open
source projects and I'm grateful that they do it!

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BhUKG%2By_SHVQcU3CPokmJxuHp1niebCjq4XzZizf8SR9ZdQRQ%40mail.gmail.com