Re: Latest LLVM breaks our code again

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Latest LLVM breaks our code again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 3:38 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Speaking of buildfarm breakage, seawasp has been failing for the
> past several days.  It looks like bleeding-edge LLVM has again
> changed some APIs we depend on.  First failure is here:
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=seawasp&dt=2022-01-28%2000%3A17%3A48

Oops, I missed this message.  The patch at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BhUKG%2BaGPBkBT5_4czkvzMu6-D%2BJgPaVL7mX_WBPXgGRndtXA%40mail.gmail.com
fixes the first two of these problems, and the third needs some more
work:

1.  There's a missing #include <new> (must have been transitively
included before).
2.  There's an API change that I'd written about already but hadn't
committed yet because seawasp is running behind my laptop at tracking
LLVM and I figured we might as well 'nagel' these kinds of commits.
3.  We'll need to look into how to switch LLVMBuildCall -> LLVMBuildCall2 etc.