Re: Compilation issue on Solaris.

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Compilation issue on Solaris.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 5:47 AM Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using "SunOS solaris-vagrant 5.11 11.4.0.15.0 i86pc i386 i86pc",

Hah.  So your vagrant image must be from a fairly narrow range of time
when Solaris 11.4 came out with memset_s but didn't yet have
explicit_bzero.  That arrived in SRU12 in 2019, which came out before
we started using the function.  Real Solaris systems would have
absorbed that via "pkg update", explaining why no one ever noticed
this problem.

> I gave
> another thought and Tom is right src/template/solaris is a better place to add that.

Something bothers me about adding yet more clutter to every compile
line for the rest of time to solve a problem that exists only for
unpatched systems, and also that it's not even really a Solaris thing,
it's a C11 thing.  But I'm not going to object.  At least it's
recorded in the archives that it's an obvious candidate to be removed
again in a few years...  I was mostly interested in understanding WHY
we suddenly need this...