Re: Compilation issue on Solaris.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compilation issue on Solaris.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Something bothers me about adding yet more clutter to every compile
> line for the rest of time to solve a problem that exists only for
> unpatched systems, and also that it's not even really a Solaris thing,
> it's a C11 thing.

I tend to agree with this standpoint: if it's only a warning, and
it only appears in a small range of not-up-to-date Solaris builds,
then a reasonable approach is "update your system if you don't want
to see the warning".

A positive argument for doing nothing is that there's room to worry
whether -D__STDC_WANT_LIB_EXT1__ might have any side-effects we
*don't* want.