Re: BUG #17116: Assert failed in SerialSetActiveSerXmin() on commit of parallelized serializable transaction

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #17116: Assert failed in SerialSetActiveSerXmin() on commit of parallelized serializable transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 9:00 AM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! With the new fix applied, my multiple installcheck test survives
> 100+ iterations.

Thanks.

Here's an updated version.  No code change, but now with a change to
serializable-parallel-2.sql so that the second assertion you mentioned
fails on unpatched master.  The intention of that test was to exercise
the SXACT_FLAG_RO_SAFE optimisation in a parallel query, and it did
that, but in a sort of degenerate way: sequential scans acquire
predicate locks *before entering parallel mode*, so the optimisation
is triggered immediately.  This version triggers the optimisation in a
parallel worker, and then the final cleanup happens in the leader,
which is the interesting case.

> (Except for read-only-anomaly-3, that causes another
> assertion fail but I believe that it's not related to the initial issue
> and deserves another bug report.)

Huh.  I tried and failed to find that one with concurrent runs.  I'll
wait for your next report before I do anything, just in case there's a
connection.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: The case when AsyncAppend exists also in the qual of Async ForeignScan
Сообщение: Re: The case when AsyncAppend exists also in the qual of Async ForeignScan