Re: Parallel Seq Scan vs kernel read ahead

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Parallel Seq Scan vs kernel read ahead
Дата
Re: Parallel Seq Scan vs kernel read ahead  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 3:57 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that is true but every time before the test the same amount of
> data should be present in shared buffers (or OS cache) if any which
> will help in getting consistent results.  However, it is fine to
> reboot the machine as well if that is a convenient way.

We really should have an extension (pg_prewarm?) that knows how to
kick stuff out PostgreSQL's shared buffers and the page cache
(POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED).

Сообщение: Re: Parallel Seq Scan vs kernel read ahead
Сообщение: RE: Parallel Seq Scan vs kernel read ahead