Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 4:27 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On 2021-Jan-28, Ravi Krishna wrote:
> > I recollect there use to be a website from where one can reply from web.
>
> The community does not maintain such a service.
>
> There used to be a Gmane archive of this list that you could use to
> post.  Seems it's still online at postgresql-archive.org.  They have a
> "Reply" button and it says to require your account, but given SPF and
> DMARC and other restrictions on email generation, it seems pretty
> uncertain that emails posted that way would work correctly.  I think we
> would even reject such emails if they reached our mailing list servers.

While catching up with some interesting new threads just now I was
quite confused by the opening sentence of this message (which also
arrived in my mailbox):

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1611355191319-0.post%40n3.nabble.com

... until I got to the last line.  I wonder if the "Resend" facility
on our own archives could be better advertised, via a "Want to join
this thread?" link in the Quick Links section that explains how to use
it and what problem it solves, or something...