Re: A qsort template

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: A qsort template
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:40 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hmm, well it was only recently damaged by commit def5b065, and that's
> > because I'd forgotten to put ST_ELEMENT_TYPE into typedefs.list, and I
> > was correcting that in this patch.
>
> If ST_ELEMENT_TYPE isn't recognized as a typedef by the buildfarm's
> typedef collectors, this sort of manual addition to typedefs.list
> is not going to survive the next pgindent run.  No, I will NOT
> promise to manually add it back every time.
>
> We do already have special provision for injecting additional typedefs
> in the pgindent script, so one possibility is to add it there:
>
> -my @additional = ("bool\n");
> +my @additional = ("bool\nST_ELEMENT_TYPE\n");
>
> On the whole I'm not sure that this is a big enough formatting
> issue to justify a special hack, though.  Is there any more than
> the one line that gets misformatted?

Ohh.  In that case, I won't bother with that hunk and will live with
the extra space.  There are several other lines like this in the tree,
where people use caveman template macrology that is invisible to
whatever analyser is being used for that, and I can see that that's
just going to have to be OK for now.  Perhaps one day we could add a
secondary file, not updated by that mechanism, that holds a manually
maintained list for cases like this.