Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 11:39 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... Perhaps
> that is an argument for putting the sync handler number *inside* the
> FileTag, since we currently intend to do that with smgr IDs in
> BufferTag (stealing space from ForkNumber).

Here is a version like that.  I like it better this way, and the extra
space can be clawed back by using 16 bit types to hold the fork number
and sync handler number.

Here again is the straw-man 0002 patch updated to show how it might
look for another potential user.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com