Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue

От Shawn Debnath
Тема Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 02:01:14PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 11:39 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ... Perhaps
> > that is an argument for putting the sync handler number *inside* the
> > FileTag, since we currently intend to do that with smgr IDs in
> > BufferTag (stealing space from ForkNumber).
>
> Here is a version like that.  I like it better this way, and the extra
> space can be clawed back by using 16 bit types to hold the fork number
> and sync handler number.

+typedef struct FileTag
+{
+    int16        handler;        /* SyncRequstHandler value, saving space */
+    int16        forknum;        /* ForkNumber, saving space */
+    RelFileNode rnode;
+    BlockNumber segno;
+} FileTag;

Definitely makes sense. v16 looks good to me.

Thanks!

--
Shawn Debnath
Amazon Web Services (AWS)