Re: Backslashitis

От Raghavendra
Тема Re: Backslashitis
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think you need to double the quotes. Its mentioned in the PG documention

Eg:-

postgres=# update array_test set name=E'{"meet\\\\ing"}';
UPDATE 2
postgres=# select * from array_test ;
     name
---------------
 {"meet\\ing"}
 {"meet\\ing"}
(2 rows)

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM, <hamann.w@t-online.de> wrote:
Hi,

I have a column declared as array of text. I can get a single backslash into one of the array elements by
update ... set mycol[1] = E'blah \\here'
If I try to update the whole array
update ... set mycol = E'{"blah \\here"}'
the backslash is missing. I can get two backslashes there.
Is there a good way to solve the problem, other than rewriting my update script to do array updates one element at a time?

Regards
Wolfgang Hamann