Re: WAL archiving question

От Raghavendra
Тема Re: WAL archiving question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Debanjan Bhattacharyya <b.debanjan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
I have two queries on WAL archiving.
I am using Postgres 8.2 and I have successfully setup a primary
hot-standy (with continuous recovery from WAL files) db pair.

I want to find the time stamp and name of last WAL archive applied by
the HOT standby db in continuous recovery mode.
I also need to find out if currently the recovery is held up because
the standby db is missing a archive

Here your best friend will be pg_controldata <hot_standby_data_directory>.  In output you need see "Database cluster state: "  is "in recovery mode" and "Time of latest checkpoint:", "Minimum recovery ending location:"

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation

I have gone through the documentations and could not find the
information on how to find the above information from the standby db.
Can you please guide me as to where I can find this information or
post this question?

Thanks
Regards
Debanjan Bhattacharyya