Re: xid wraparound danger due to INDEX_CLEANUP false

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: xid wraparound danger due to INDEX_CLEANUP false
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 11:32, Masahiko Sawada
<masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 16:26, Masahiko Sawada
> <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 15:40, Masahiko Sawada
> > <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> > > I agree this idea is better. I was thinking the same approach but I
> > > was concerned about backpatching. Especially since I was thinking to
> > > add one or two fields to IndexVacuumInfo existing index AM might not
> > > work with the new VacuumInfo structure.
> >
> > It would be ok if we added these fields at the end of VacuumInfo structure?
> >

> I've attached WIP patch for HEAD. With this patch, the core pass
> index_cleanup to bulkdelete and vacuumcleanup callbacks so that they
> can make decision whether run vacuum or not.
>
> If the direction of this patch seems good, I'll change the patch so
> that we pass something information to these callbacks indicating
> whether this vacuum is anti-wraparound vacuum. This is necessary
> because it's enough to invoke index cleanup before XID wraparound as
> per discussion so far.

I've updated the patch so that vacuum passes is_wraparound flag to
bulkdelete and vacuumcleanup. Therefore I've added two new variables
in total: index_cleanup and is_wraparound. Index AMs can make the
decision of whether to skip bulkdelete and indexcleanup or not.

Also, I've added this item to Older Bugs so as not to forget.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: min_safe_lsn column in pg_replication_slots view
Сообщение: Re: min_safe_lsn column in pg_replication_slots view