Re: PostgreSQL related problem on iMac

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: PostgreSQL related problem on iMac
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Good afternoon Neil:

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Neil Marshall <nwmarshall@gmail.com> wrot=
e:
> I have a small notification pane which appears randomly, in the same posi=
tion every time, towards the top of my iMac 27" (2009) screen in the midlin=
e.
> It first occurred after the recent MacOS Sierra upgrade. The pane is on s=
creen for less than a second each time, sometimes it is very brief, and is =
about whether to allow or deny Postgre to access incoming content (or somet=
hing of the sort!).

If it is about incoming CONNECTION it may be firewall/antivirus
related ( I do not own a Mac and do not know whether they have this
kind of things like the recents windows have, I  just use Linux and
BSDs ).

> There is no knowing when it will appear. I have actually succeeded in cli=
cking on it a couple of times but it still comes back - randomly throughout=
 every computer session. If I am typing when it appears it can induce typin=
g errors.
> 'Apple help=E2=80=99 did not know about this issue. They advised a scan w=
ith malwarebytes but this did not help.

If it says connection AND you are not expecting INCOMING connections
when it appear, something may be scanning your machine, or trying t do
it.

> I uninstalled Postgre from the iMac as I could not see that I would have =
a use for it but that did not help either.
> I would very much like to be rid of this problem.

It does not seem postgres related, and certainly not a postgres bug.
It seems more like a mac related problem. The fact it started
appearing after an upgrade of the OS also points there. If I where in
your situation I would check whether the upgraded added some new
firewalling/connection control functionality.

In fact, your assertion that the problem still persist after you
uninstalled postgres certainly makes the not postgres related more
plausible. Bear in mind that your Mac may say postgres for other
reasons. I.e, my machine has this entries:

postgresql    5432/tcp            # POSTGRES
postgresql    5432/udp

in the services files ( which is used to translate port numbers to
service names, like

http        80/tcp        www www-http    # World Wide Web HTTP
https        443/tcp                # MCom

So any non numeric traffic dump of packets using port 5432 gets
labelled as postgres, even if postgres is not installed.

Francisco Olarte.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Not able to uninstall PostgreSQL 8.4.5-1 in Windows 10 OS and Windows Server 2012 OS
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL related problem on iMac