Re: BUG #17106: Renaming system types is possible and it potentially leads to a crash

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: BUG #17106: Renaming system types is possible and it potentially leads to a crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:21 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> While dropping system types is prohibited (say, you can't DROP TYPE void),
> renaming is not. So the following commands lead to an inevitable crash.
... example removed.
> (Superuser rights required for this, though.)

Any competent programmer can crash a machine, any competent DBA can
crash a DB, anyone with physical access can unplug a server, or set it
on fire.

Given it is not an easy mistake to make ( "DROP type void" is way more
dangerous, being so simple ), I would consider this anecdotal. I doubt
"survive an hostile DBA" is an objective for postgresql.

Francisco Olarte.