Re: could not translate host name "istes.rds.amazonaws.com" to address: Temporary failure in name resolution

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: could not translate host name "istes.rds.amazonaws.com" to address: Temporary failure in name resolution
Дата
Ответ на could not translate host name "istes.rds.amazonaws.com" to address: Temporary failure in name resolution  (iT Inject Solar LLP <itinjectsolar@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 5:23 PM iT Inject Solar LLP
<itinjectsolar@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are using postgres database using amazon RDS for insertion of data into database we are using a c progamm which
insertsdata on continuous interval.

> After some time programm do stop and message comes like as quated below-
> could not translate host name "istes.rds.amazonaws.com" to address: Temporary failure in name resolution
> this is causing lot of problem may please suggest what to do.

What you describe so far is clearly pointing at a bug in your C
program or a misconfigured machine where you are running it.
The only possible suggestion is fix both of them.

If you point to something postgres-related somebody could help you,
but the nearest thing I could thing of is "I'm using libpq and the
connect call gives $the_above_error", where I would answer "your name
resolver is broken or misconfigured, fix it".

Francisco Olarte.