Re: compressing network packets

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: compressing network packets
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 5:43 PM farjad.farid
<farjad.farid@checknetworks.com> wrote:
> Under windows environment, is there a way of compressing the network packet reaching postgresql server?

You'll need to explain a bit more. You have windows, I assume for
either client, server or both, and you have a pg server, on an
unespecified environment.

Also packets "reaching" the server does not sound good, you probably
want to compress packets "sent" to the server and DECOMPRESS them upon
reaching the server, or something like that.

Try to be a bit clearer, something like "Is there a way to compress
network traffic between a pg windows client and a windows server on
another machine" and some windows savvy reader may be able to help you
( I can think of a couple solutions for that on my basic desktop OS
with the basic tools, I'm sure something like windows must have dozens
).

Francisco Olarte.

Сообщение: Re: PGAdmin4.11.1 on Ubuntu 18.04
Сообщение: Re: PGAdmin4.11.1 on Ubuntu 18.04