Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 July 2014 19:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled.
>> If walsender has xmin of standby then ensure we
>> reset the value to 0 when we change from hot_standby_feedback=on
>> to hot_standby_feedback=off.
>
>> Branch
>> ------
>> REL9_2_STABLE
>

> While I'm not necessarily objecting to the content of this patch,
> I do have a problem with the process.  Where was the discussion of
> why this change should be back-patched?  (If I'm identifying it
> correctly, this is a back-patch of commit bd56e7412, a year and a
> half later.  That should have been noted in the commit message, too,
> rather than leaving people to reconstruct why you'd only committed
> into two old branches.)

Sorry if my actions confused.

I kept the commit message deliberately identical to help people, not to confuse.

There was recent discussion of it on-list and a public request to
backpatch, which I agreed with and acknowledged.