Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 15 July 2014 19:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> While I'm not necessarily objecting to the content of this patch,
>> I do have a problem with the process.  Where was the discussion of
>> why this change should be back-patched?

> There was recent discussion of it on-list and a public request to
> backpatch, which I agreed with and acknowledged.

I searched the archives looking for that discussion and couldn't find it;
can you provide a link?

> I kept the commit message deliberately identical to help people, not to confuse.

That's appropriate when you're committing functionally identical patches
into multiple branches at about the same time.  In a situation like this,
though, I'd argue that the later commits ought to explicitly reference
the older one ("this is a back-patch of commit NNNNNNN").  As it stands,
it's very hard for anyone looking at the commit logs to make the
connection.

Сообщение: Re: Allowing NOT IN to use ANTI joins
Сообщение: Re: Allowing NOT IN to use ANTI joins