Re: Recovery target 'immediate'

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Recovery target 'immediate'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26 April 2013 15:38, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Restore points are definitely the way to go here, this is what they
>> were created for. Stopping at a labelled location has a defined
>> meaning for the user, which is much better than just "stop anywhere
>> convenient", which I found so frightening.
>>
>> It should be straightforward to create a restore point with the same
>> name as used in pg_start_backup('text');
>>
>> pg_basebackup backups would need to use a unique key, which is harder
>> to achieve. If we write a WAL record at backup start that would make
>> the starting LSN unique, so we could then use that for the restore
>> point name for that backup.
>>
>> If people want anything else they can request an additional restore
>> point at the end of the backup.
>
> I personally find this to be considerably more error-prone than
> Heikki's suggestion.

Given that I was describing how we might implement Heikki's
suggestion, I find this comment confusing.

Please explain.

--Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Functional dependencies and GROUP BY - for subqueries