Re: [pgsql-www] One click installer a bit bare?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] One click installer a bit bare?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> I'm happy to try to put two links on the final page and see how it
> looks, but I don't think it'll work well - and assuming it doesn't,
> we'll need to figure out whether to link to the -announce subscription
> page, or the homepage.

If there was a "Sign up to News" anywhere near the home page, I'd say
lets go to home page.

There isn't, so we should get people signed up to Announce list, priority #1.

If we don't then people won't know to upgrade, fix security
vulnerabilities etc.. They won't find out about conferences and all
the other good things.

> Aside from my other objections, PR (in that sense at least) is really
> not the job of pgAdmin. It is there to help you manage your databases,

When installed as part of the PostgreSQL installer - then pgadmin *is*
PostgreSQL as far as users are concerned. So pgadmin is fair game to
include options of interest to the PostgreSQL community - but only
when packaged as part of the PostgreSQL installer. As I said, don't
mind where we put it, as long as we put it somewhere on
installer/pgadmin.

I'm not sure what you mean by PR in this context, what has that got to
do with this?