Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20 December 2012 19:29, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

>> > Well, I don't think we had agreement on how important backwards compatibility for recovery.conf was, particularly
noton the whole recovery.conf/recovery.done functionality and the wierd formatting of recovery.conf.

>> As ever, we spent much energy on debating backwards compatibility
>> rather than just solving the problem it posed, which is fairly easy to
>> solve.
>
> Let me also add that I am tired of having recovery.conf improvement
> stalled by backward compatibility concerns.   At this point, let's just
> trash recovery.conf backward compatibility and move on.

No, lets not.

The only stall happening is because of a refusal to listen to another
person's reasonable request during patch review. That requirement is
not a blocker to the idea, it just needs to be programmed.

Lets just implement the reasonable request for backwards
compatibility, rather than wasting time on reopening the debate.