Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe
Дата
Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24 January 2014 08:33, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 24 January 2014 07:08, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:57 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> v15 to fix the above problem.
>>
> v16 attached

v17 attached

This version adds a GUC called ddl_exclusive_locks which allows us to
keep the 9.3 behaviour if we wish it. Some people may be surprised
that their programs don't wait in the same places they used to. We
hope that is a positive and useful behaviour, but it may not always be
so.

I'll commit this on Thurs 30 Jan unless I hear objections.

Thanks