Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Checkpointer starts before bgwriter to avoid missing fsync reque

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Checkpointer starts before bgwriter to avoid missing fsync reque
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 June 2012 14:59, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On 1 June 2012 14:29, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Surely that commit is useless.  Fsync requests go into a queue in shared
>>> memory, which had better have been set up by the postmaster.  There is
>>> no requirement that the receiving process exist before somebody can put
>>> a request into the queue.  If the queue overflows, the requestor has to
>>> take care of the fsync itself, but that is independent of whether the
>>> checkpointer is running yet.
>
>> The problem I saw was about fsync queue message overflow, not actually
>> missing fsyncs, so perhaps I worded the commit message poorly.
>
> Ah.  Well, as long as the overflowed fsyncs do get handled on the
> requesting side, I see no bug here.  No objection to changing the order
> in which we launch the processes, but as Heikki says, it's not clear
> that that is really going to make much difference.

If I see those messages again, I guess you'll be right.

If that happens I suggest just adding a short wait at bgwriter startup.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Checkpointer starts before bgwriter to avoid missing fsync reque
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Checkpointer starts before bgwriter to avoid missing fsync reque