Re: Streaming replication on 9.1-beta2 after pg_restore is very slow

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Streaming replication on 9.1-beta2 after pg_restore is very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:12 PM, David Hartveld
<David.Hartveld@mendix.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM, David Hartveld <David.Hartveld@mendix.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Is there possibly a known issue with the beta, or do I have to
>> > configure my cluster differently for 9.1?
>>
>> Thanks for trying 9.1beta
>>
>> No known bugs, no differences in configuration.
>>
>> You haven't enabled any of the new 9.1 features either so they aren't likely to be
>> at issue.
>>
>> So there's something pretty badly screwed up somewhere, though that looks like
>> pilot error at the moment, sorry.
>>
>> I'd suggest starting again and see if you can get a reproduceable bug.
>> I'd be very grateful if you can narrow things down to produce a tight bug report.
>
> I've just submitted bug report 6094, with a complete description of what I have done. The replication stream is
reproduciblyvery slow. If you need more information, let me know.

Bug 6094 contains no additional information and there is not yet a
confirmed bug.

Your output indicates that there is a problem in your replication
setup and this is why the slave does not catch up.

This is not a performance issue. It is either a bug in replication, or
a user configuration issue. Since few things have changed in 9.1 in
this area, at the moment the balance of probability is towards user
error. If you can provide a more isolated bug report we may be able to
investigate.

От: David Hartveld
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication on 9.1-beta2 after pg_restore is very slow
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Request for help - Does anyone in Seattle need a Postgres job?