Re: Request for vote to move forward with recovery.conf overhaul

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Request for vote to move forward with recovery.conf overhaul
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21 January 2013 23:23, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is an 17-month-old-patch, so of course it does not apply on master.
> However before taking any actions, I would like to know the following:
> - Simon, are you planning to update this patch?

It's on my list, but not at the front to the queue.

If you want to know what my priority queue looks like... (preliminary opinion)
1. Skip checkpoint on promoting from streaming replication (almost ready)
2. Further review of WAL decoding (opinion pending, but very solid)
3. Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation (likely commit)
4. Row Level Security (possible commit)
5. Checksums (maybe commit)
6. Make recovery.conf parameters into GUCs (commit something of use,
but very basic)

Which is at least 2 weeks work

> - As we are rushing to finish wrapping up 9.3, do you consider it is too
> late to begin that?

It's late. And it doesn't get to jump my queue. Whether its too late
is not for me to say.

Сообщение: Re: psql: small patch to correct filename formatting error in '\s FILE' output
Сообщение: Re: psql: small patch to correct filename formatting error in '\s FILE' output