Re: 9.5: UPDATE/DELETE .. ORDER BY .. LIMIT ..

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: 9.5: UPDATE/DELETE .. ORDER BY .. LIMIT ..
Дата
Re: 9.5: UPDATE/DELETE .. ORDER BY .. LIMIT ..
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11 May 2014 07:37, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom Lane has explained these problems in a very clear manner
> in his below mail and shared his opinion about this feature as
> well.
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/26819.1291133045@sss.pgh.pa.us

I don't have Tom's wonderfully articulate way of saying things, so
I'll say it my way:

If you want to do this, you already can already write a query that has
the same effect. But supporting the syntax directly to execute a
statement with an undefinable outcome is a pretty bad idea, and worse
than that, there's a ton of useful things that we *do* want that would
be a much higher priority for work than this. If you support Postgres,
prioritise, please.