Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 January 2014 15:47, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> I know there was a desire to remove this TODO item, but I think we have
> brought up enough new issues that we can keep it to see if we can come
> up with a solution.

Can you summarise what you think the new issues are? All I see is some
further rehashing of old discussions.

There is already a solution to the "problem" because the docs are
already very clear that you need multiple standbys to achieve commit
guarantees AND high availability. RTFM is usually used as some form of
put down, but that is what needs to happen here.