Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API
Дата
Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8 May 2014 20:40, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> For my money, we'd be better off
> getting some kind of basic custom scan node functionality committed
> first, even if the cases where you can actually inject them into real
> plans are highly restricted.  Then, we could later work on adding more
> ways to inject them in more places.

We're past the prototyping stage and into productionising what we know
works, AFAIK. If that point is not clear, then we need to discuss that
first.

At the moment the Custom join hook is called every time we attempt to
cost a join, with no restriction.

I would like to highly restrict this, so that we only consider a
CustomJoin node when we have previously said one might be usable and
the user has requested this (e.g. enable_foojoin = on)

We only consider merge joins if the join uses operators with oprcanmerge=true.
We only consider hash joins if the join uses operators with oprcanhash=true

So it seems reasonable to have a way to define/declare what is
possible and what is not. But my take is that adding a new column to
pg_operator for every CustomJoin node is probably out of the question,
hence my suggestion to list the operators we know it can work with.

Given that everything else in Postgres is agnostic and configurable,
I'm looking to do the same here.

Сообщение: Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?
Сообщение: Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?