Re: BUG #7710: Xid epoch is not updated properly during checkpoint

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: BUG #7710: Xid epoch is not updated properly during checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2 December 2012 15:25, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I can point right now to one misbehavior this causes: if you run a
> point-in-time recovery with a stop point somewhere in the middle of the
> checkpoint, you should end up with a nextXid corresponding to the stop
> point.  This hack in LogStandbySnapshot causes you to end up with a
> much later nextXid, if you were running hot-standby.

True, though that does not cause any problem.

>> Others may wish to go further, overriding my patches, as they choose.
>
> Okay, I will take the responsibility for changing this, but it needs to
> change.

OK. At least we have the minimal coding to fall back on if need be.

> This coding was ill-considered from the word go.

Agreed, but then I don't have a clear reason why it is that way and
yet I'm sure I did it for some reason.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #7710: Xid epoch is not updated properly during checkpoint
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7710: Xid epoch is not updated properly during checkpoint