Re: BUG #7710: Xid epoch is not updated properly during checkpoint

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #7710: Xid epoch is not updated properly during checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I've applied an absolutely minimal fix on this, which introduces no
> other changes that could cause unforeseen consequences.

This is not what we'd agreed to do, I thought.

Now that I've thought more about this bug, the existing coding is flat
out wrong, with or without correction of the epoch.  As you yourself
just wrote in a comment, the checkpoint record logically belongs to the
"redo" point in the WAL stream, not to where it's physically located.
Having it carry a nextXid that belongs to the later point is simply
wrong.  Having it carry different nextXids depending on wal_level is
even more wrong.

I can point right now to one misbehavior this causes: if you run a
point-in-time recovery with a stop point somewhere in the middle of the
checkpoint, you should end up with a nextXid corresponding to the stop
point.  This hack in LogStandbySnapshot causes you to end up with a
much later nextXid, if you were running hot-standby.

> Others may wish to go further, overriding my patches, as they choose.

Okay, I will take the responsibility for changing this, but it needs to
change.  This coding was ill-considered from the word go.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #7710: Xid epoch is not updated properly during checkpoint
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7710: Xid epoch is not updated properly during checkpoint