Re: PostgreSQL website redesign

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: PostgreSQL website redesign
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL website redesign
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:

> As you will no doubt be aware, the PostgreSQL website is overdue for a
> fresh lick of paint, so we are planning to give it a new look in the
> near future.

It's not clear to me that redesigning the website will give us
anything at all, but it will definitely drain time and focus away from
things like writing patches or working out clear and workable designs
for new features.

The existing design works just fine in every way, so "we" are not
unhappy. In fact the existing site is fairly well tuned with many
people's feedback and pixel level arguments now done and dusted.

We do need some marketing, but redesigning websites without purpose is
not marketing.

Please state the reasons you think a redesign is worth the effort. And
how that is a priority over spending the same time and money on actual
marketing, i.e. external contacts, whitepapers, press and such like. I
grant that is likely more fun to redesign a website but that doesn't
make it worthwhile.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL website redesign
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL website redesign