Re: standby parallel backup

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: standby parallel backup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 13 March 2015 at 21:26, Aniko Belim <belim.aniko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or is there any other good solution for backing up hot standby with pg_dump
> using the parallel directory method while this bug fixed? (We found this
> error reported in 2013, and it looks like isn't fixed yet.)

The ERROR message isn't a bug, it is an unimplemented feature.

Regrettably the developer that did the original work did not include
this requirement in his design. I wish that they had.

Sometime there is some confusion over the way things work with
PostgreSQL. There is no central development team working on features,
they are mostly donated by various companies, or worked on by
contributors employed by companies. So the way it works is you either
implement it yourself, or find/pay someone that can develop and
support that for you. Many contributors started by "scratching their
own itch", as its often described, that can be interesting work. You
may already have a company contact if you are working with one of the
professional companies around PostgreSQL. If so, please remind them
this is not a bug.

 PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, RemoteDBA, Training & Services