Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe
Дата
Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3 March 2014 15:19, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:12 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> What I'm
> really concerned about is whether there are other things like the
> SnapshotNow issues that can cause stuff to halt and catch fire.  I
> don't know whether there are or are not, but that's my concern.

Of course its a concern, I feel it also. But that's why we have beta
period to handle the unknowns.

The question is are there any specific areas of concern here? If not,
then we commit because we've done a lot of work on it and at the
moment the balance is high benefit to users against a non-specific
feeling of risk.

@Noah - Last call...