freeze map open item

От Robert Haas
Тема freeze map open item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The open items list says this:

heap_update sets xmax and infomask without logging the changes or
clearing PD_ALL_VISIBLE or visibility map bits
* volunteer owner wanted
* This has been buggy essentially forever but the freeze map changes
give it new urgency.
* Andres working on committing patches

I believe this issue was fully resolved by
bfa2ab56bb8c512dc8613ee3ff0936568a1c8418.  Is that correct?
Regardless, I'd like to extend sincere and heartfelt thanks to Andres
for handling this issue, because I was sure running out of steam (and
time).

Two other issues were discussed on that thread for which no open
issues were created.  First, heap_lock_tuple failed to clear the
all-frozen status.  I believe that
eca0f1db14ac92d91d54eca8eeff2d15ccd797fa substantially addressed that
issue and therefore it should be added to the list as a resolved
issue.  But, second, as noted in further discussion on that thread and
in the commit message, there is an outstanding theoretical problem
which is non-critical but worthy of being fixed.  I recommend we open
a new open issue for that, or at least fix it.

Comments?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company