Re: Wrong results with grouping sets

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Wrong results with grouping sets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 4, 2024 at 5:52 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> As-is they can't be backpatched, unless I am missing something? Afaict they
> introduce rather thorough ABI breaks? And API breaks, actually?

Aside from that, this looks quite invasive for back-patching, and the
number of bug reports so far suggest that we should be worried about
more breakage appearing later.

However, that leaves us in a situation where we have no back-patchable
fix for a bug which causes queries to return the wrong answer, which
is not a great situation.

Is there a smaller fix that we could commit to fix the bug?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com